Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customizing Scrollbars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

genii

Technical User
Jul 15, 2003
CA
Hi all.. I don't know if this is possible (or if I can even explain it properly) .. but here goes...

I have a 'side bar' type frame on my page with links that open up to the right of it. Is it possible to scroll through the links on the side bar WITHOUT using a scroll bar.. something like up and down buttons?? I've found TONS of info on changing colors and sizes but nothing on alternate solutions to scrolling.

Ja, the javascript functions window.scrollBy(horizPixels, vertPixels) and window.scrollTo(xPosition, yPosition) functions will let you scroll a page.

So, you would:
a) set up your frameset to have the sidebar frame set to scrolling=no.
b) put button, text, graphic links in a couple of div tags at the top and bottom of your page which call the scrollBy function.
c) add some extra code to reposition your divs at the top and bottom of your page after each scroll so they don't scroll off the page.

omgoodnes.. thanks so much.. I've been driving everyone in class nuts trying to explain what I was looking for :)

Thanks again :) Have a fabulous day..

~Andie [worm]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back