Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customizing NFUSE Login Page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

supp10967

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2004
US
1. Is it possible to customize the NFUSE login page and if so .. what is the recommended method..

What do you want to do??? What type of customizations??

Brandon

thanks for responding..

remove the Citrix log and place my company logo..
possibly change the background, colors...
provide custom links to the apps .. possible some type of drill down for organization purposes..

can i simply reference the link to the app from anywehre and craate a custtom page of my own... or are there any built in options (seeing as I'm not experienced at creating web pages..)

Yep the file you want to look at is nfuse.txt (i think) it has a whole load of stuff to config. See the Admin guide for NFUSE about other substitution tags.

Cheers
Scott

What we did was copy the company logo to: D:\Inetpub\Renamed the Citrox.gif to .old and renamed the company logo to citrix.gif. This replaced the logo to our company, but left the old logo there in case it is ever needed, it is just a file rename. To change colors and other logo's, the files are all over the place and it took us a couple days to find them all...

Mike Brown CCA

Mike-
I copied our logo to the directory you mentioned, renamed the old and renamed our logo... It still pointed somewhere else for the Citrix logo (I think) because it didn't change the page!! Any suggestions?
Oh, we are using Web Interface (w/ CSG), not Nfuse...

Thanks,
Brandon

You have to go into the web admin page and "apply changes".

Erik

"There are no stupid questions, But there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots."

ERIK-

Thanks but it didn't work????? I would swear that the image is getting loaded from somewhere else... Any thoughts??

Thanks!
Brandon

Sup10967,

- Did renaming the Citrix.gif and loading your own logo (naming it citrix.gif) work for you?? I've tried but no luck... do you know if there are any size limitations on the logo, etc...?? Just looking for reasons why the logo is still the Citrix logo (even after I renamed it!@!)???

Thanks,
Brandon

Like the gentleman mentioned before go to
%systemdrive%:\Inetpub\ What i did was change the window view to thumnail and found the icons I wanted to change. I copied them off the server and modified them as I wanted to. Before I copied them back i renamed the originals to have a .old extension, just incase I wanted to go back to the defaults. Then once I copied the new jpg/gif's to the server, I restarted the IIS service. That worked for me.

Also thinking about it....every server in your farm has it's own image directory. When using the CSG you would only have to change the jpg/gif's on the Nfuse directory of the box that sits parallel to the SGW(or if it resides on the same box then that one)

Make sure to use the default name that came with Nfuse..if you change the name then you just might get nothing since the vbs files are pointing to the old jpg's/gif's

Did I make any sense? LOL ;0)

Ok, we're using Web Interface (same as Nfuse, different- the new name) and CSG...

I am changing the pics on the Web Interface box. Renamed the one I want to replace w/ .old and then renaming my logos to match the ones I just renamed... then stoping and restarting the IIS service on the box, right???

Thanks,
Brandon

nope didn't work again... There must be a size limit on the gig or something... the funny this is that after I rename the file to .old, (and not place my logo in the DIR yet)... It still load the citrix image... So, it must also be loading it from somewhere besides this folder???

Brandon

OK
Are the gateway and Nfuse on the same box?

Did you restart IIS...in the IIS manager on the server name/right click restart IIS(bear with me)

I guess that making sure the sizes of the two jpg/bmp's should be the same..

CSG is on one box,
WI is on another,
STA is on another...

Yes, gateway is definitely working...
The pics that I am renaming is citrix.gif and placeing my Co. logo in its place (calling it citrix.gif).. mine is a lot larger BUT even if I DON'T load my logo and just rename the citrix.gif, IT STILL LOADS!!! (?)

Brandon

OK, I changed the icon you spoke of and then tried to change it back and it would not change. SO what I did was I went in to my browser..

Tools>Internet Options>General and deleted all my offline files, closed the browser and tried the gateway site again. When it opened it had changed. Try this...;0)

You know, sometimes it's the "easiest" or "simplist" things...!!!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Brandon

Or try the gateway from another computer and see if the icon did infact change and the problem was the web page was cached..Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back