Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customising Appearance of Crystal Enterprise 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTBC

Technical User
Nov 19, 2003
US
Crystal Enterprise v8
Crystal Reports v8.5
Progress Database

I am going to use E-Portfolio to share reports and would like to customise the appearance of the web pages. Nothing too radical but I need to -
Change to colours of the bars at the top
Replace the E-Portfolio logo with a different logo
Remove the 'Exit' hyperlink at the top

Can anyone point me in the direction of some simple guidelines for doing this please.

Thanks very much.

If you look at the URL at each point that you want to customise that is a good starting point eg available.csp

There is a good book called "Using Crystal Enterprise 8.5" published by QUE which I use quite a bit.

On colour usage generally there is a cascading style sheet under Enterprise\Eportfolio\en\css on your server that is used for a lot of the font standards.
ShortyA

Will that book help if you want to radically change the display? Or a better source? I know it comes with a SDK but that hasn't helped me much.

Thanks for any info you have.

DaBuggs
[ponytails]

There is quite a bit of sample code in the book providing suggestions on how to build your own EPortfolio equivalent or admin frontends.

Radical changes to the display are probably more related to javascript and asp programming than to Crystal specifically. The SDK guide does a poor job of explaining the interface to the data stores. I've had the QUE book on my desk since long before I thought of doing my own customizations, but ironically I did not even look at it during my customization effort. I got more help out of javascript, asp, and html programming references along with the SDK guide and samples as mentioned. All that plus a healthy dose of trial-and-error.

Plus there are a lot of anomalies with the SQL-like queries against the APS object model. Like selecting WHERE SI_INSTANCE (=, IS) (FALSE, 'FALSE'). I finally guessed that SI_INSTANCE is either 0 or 1, but displayed as TRUE or FALSE in the Query Builder - another helpful resource.

One problem with the samples is that you have to bilingual, in both javascript and jscript, and want to translate into or out of a VB format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back