Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customise Webi/Infoview??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bRycie

MIS
Oct 8, 2001
AU
Are there any ways in Business Objects to customise the Webi/Infoview module to display look and feel of your own setting instead of Business Objects one?

While create a report in the settings tab we can format the report. in Webi we cannot have Ranks ( as for I know). Otherthings are possible.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

As far as I am concerned, the report format can be customised according to your requirements. However, I am wondering if the display setting of Webi/Infoview module can be modified.

The senario is that we prefer not to have Business Objects related messages displayed in the main page once users log in the Webi/Infoview module. In addition, we would prefer to have the module in our display setting. One example of these messages is:
- Register your license now for your chance to win a free gift!

Regards,
-bRyce

Its possible.. you can coustamize the Infoview page as per your requirement. I think asp is the better option

Is it possible for you to guide me where I can get example of asp codes?

Unfortunately I don't have this document. Where can I download this document?

It comes with the Business Object license.
I think if you find out how the present infoview works, that may also help you to begin with.

I have the pdf file that he is talking about, send me an email at brian.tansy@hosystems.com and I'll send you a copy.

You can obtain an asp or jsp version of webi from the tech support site, but you will need to have a developers license

After that you can modify the asp however you wish, it is possible to change the .WIS files to do some customisation, but this then invalidates your support agreement and changes will be lost if you ever upgrade your version of webi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back