Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer wants HFAI button 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wspence

Technical User
Jan 22, 2003
US
Just installed an IPO 500 R7.0 (23 patched) with 9508 sets. Customer had a Partner ACS, used the voice announce *XX, kept the HFAI button off to keep "eavesdropping" from happening.
I cannot figure out how to duplicate, tried dial direct and dial intercom, on both, the user had to press the mute button to keep the caller from hearing what was going on in their office. Sometimes they are not near the phone to press the mute button, or during a loud meeting do not hear the beeps.
Is there any way to voice announce one way, and allow the user to either un-mute or lift the handset to have a conversation?

Dial paging :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

Tried that too, when the user lifted the handset, could not have a conversation.

Press the conference button before lifting.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

yea - the recipient should press Conference to be able to talk back.

hey Tipeter can you look at my other tread regarding passing through remote CID? I'm going nuts with this problem!

Star for both tipeter and amriddle. I was letting the customer test. Once I put it on my bench, the 9508 actually puts up an Answer soft key when being paged. Thanks for pointing me that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back