Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer tables changed in 11i ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

srishan

MIS
Oct 29, 2002
US
Any idea about this?

Thx,
Sri

Hi,
In APPS 11i you have to work with HZ tables in AR schema.
You still can use ra_addresses_all, ra_customers_all and
ra_site_uses_all - they are views in 11i. I don't know for
how long Oracle will be supporting those views.
You can find detail description for HZ tables on Metalink Top Tech Docs for AR schema...
Hope it helpls!

aperson,

Thx for the reply. I gather all this information interim(btw I posted the thread and you gave the reply), nevertheless, I appreciate your interest in replying.

I am just wondering about these views. Even if Oracle takes them out some time, we can preseve them as custom views(copy the definition to custom views I mean). This would reduce the effort of changing custom programs which depend on RA_CUSTOMER tables. Any idea about performance issue with these views? Also what do you think about this approach?

Thx,
Sri

hi srishan,
Oracle have more information in the HZ table now, I am not sure if views have all new data in. I decided do not work with them and work directly with tables, did not want to depend on Oracle views. Cannot help you with performance information on views, sorry.
Thanks.

OK.

Any generic SQL statmetns you may have written to map old tables to NEW tables? Probably help me to get started.

Let me know.

Thx,
Sri

Hi Srishan,
I have created a diagram of the relationship between this
tables. Is there is any way I could send it to you?
Thanks.

Thanks once again.
Please do send it to srishan@hotmail.com

I shall discuss the diagram with you if I have any doubts once I receive it.

regards,
Sri

aperson,

Did not receive the document so far.
Do not know if you sent it yet, could you update this thread once you sent it accross? My hotmail is unreliable some times, I may have to give an alternative email, so.

Thx,
Sri

Hi Srishan,
Just sent it to you....
Thanks,
aperson.

aperson,

I am not able to open the diagram you sent.
It says the file has unrecognized version, is there any other way that you can send the vsd in visio verion 5.0?
Or Let me know what version of visio you used to create it.

thx,
sri

Hi Srishan,
I will try to export vsd file into Word document and send
it to you.
Thanks,
aperson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back