Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer Prepayment and Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjberkowitz

Technical User
Jun 4, 2001
US
I posted 3 checks as prepayments to customer deposits account from "Receipts". Now I want to Invoice the customer and apply the prepayments to reduce the net amount owed. It appears my only option is to apply "Amount
Paid at Sale" which would deposit the same receipt to the bank account a second time. There must be another way to do this.

Rich Berkowitz
rjberkowitz@mail.com

The way we work around this issue is to

1) Go into the receipts screen after the invoice is posted and select both the prepayment and the invoice to zero out. We use the reference of Zero Out-MMDDYY.

2) Post the receipt at the same time of invoice. It will only show up once in the cash receipts journal but you cannot access it from the receipts module.

Thanks for the reply. It took care of the problem, but I can't believe Peachtree doesn't have a more logical way of handling prepayments.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back