Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer is having problems with call-pilot sending to the wrong exten 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabbst

Technical User
Jun 22, 2007
US
I am having problems that when someone enters an extension from the auto-attendant it goes to someone else's extension and is happening on many different extensions. I have changed out the call-pilot 150 and same is still happening. Could this be a problem in the MICS? It does not happen everytime only occasionally. Any help would be appreciated..

have you actually been on-site and made this happen or are you going off what the customer has told you?

The phones are forwarded to the voice-mail extension, but other than that no. I have not been able to duplicate the problem myself but most every on in the hospital has been having this problem. You can listen to the messages and see they have gone to the worng place, but this is only on calls that go through the AA. I have not been able to develop any kind of pattern as of yet. Thanks

If the touchtone gate is enabled it will cause problems going to the correct extention.

Are they dialing the extension directly, or responding to options in the CCR tree?

I think all of the calls are going through the ccr tree, I'm trying to get the cust try to watch for some type of pattern since I can not be there very often..

Check the CCR tree programming. If the ccr is setup that callers press 1 for so and so, etc then maybe the wrong extension has been assigned to each node.

You may want check the losspkg setting under lines,if transmission levels are low on analogue lines this can cause the dtmf to not read properly. the long co or long pbx settings are the loudest and of course the short co and short pbx are the softest, also cell phones that are cutting out can cause a single tone to be read as two seperate tones thus 2 sme in a row.

I've had this exact issue. I upgraded the Callpilot software and then all was well.

problem is not resolved yet, upgrade will not solve this problem. you can't forward back to vm w/out getting reception or operators message. if operators busy, incoming will get next in line vm box message. dasheen asked if vm is forwarded, thats the problem.

george@vandewatertelecom.com

What version call pilot is this? known issue with dsp software on older versions, try to upgrade to dsp a8.

Had same problem 2 years ago. I installed dsp patch problem solved. No complaints since the patch was installed. This was a very frustrating issue. Good luck.

Sincerely, thephoneboy

In mailbox programming feat 983 is the ext number for that mailbox correct ?

Ftr983 allows access to admin functions, followed by system administrator mbx #, followed by password.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back