Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

customer emails should convert into cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhakarre

Technical User
Oct 16, 2010
IN
Hi All,

I am Sudhakar.I am working as a crm4.0 technical consultant.I have got one requirement.Please provide me the solution for this.

"The Customer Inquiries and Complaints by phone, email or faxes should be converted into Cases in CRM System."

How we develop this requirement.Can we write any plugins or any custom workflow activity or any client side code using javascript?

Please share me ur valuable suggesitions and if possible please send me code.

I would be very happy if anybody gives earlier response.

Regards,
Sudhakar.

I'm not a CRM 4.0 Technical Consultant, but I know that what you've explained can be done fairly easily.

Phone calls, emails, and faxes, (Activities) can all be converted into Cases using a Workflow or a Plugin.

Most of the time Workflows are easier - as they can be done through the front-end. Although they may not be able to cope with any complicated requirements.

CRM exposes 'messages' that you can hook workflows / plugins onto. For example, I think there is an 'activity create' message which you could write a workflow for. Have the workflow create a Case from the activity and map over the relevant fields.

You can have the workflow run automatically on one of the 'messages' and/or it can be run manually from the activity itself.

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back