Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer Call Reporter or Advanced Edition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRIMobile

Vendor
Jan 26, 2009
US
I am new to Avaya IP Office. The way I understand the ACD feature in IPO is that you at minimum have to purchase the Advanced Edition and then purchase the amount of keycodes for additional agents and supervisors as needed to increase from the default of 1 Supervisor and zero agents. Is the "Customer Call Reporter" application only needed if you want to run reports or view real time displays of the agents?

any reporting that has to do with the call centre needs to be licensed with that.
You can install the CCR on your server but it won't work without the license and report nothing.
You need the prefered edition license AND the advanced license for this. Advanced doesn't work without preferred.
You can run the call centre without the CCR but you will not know what it is doing because you can't report on it so CCR is the only way to have a clue what teh needs of the call centre are.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

5.0 does not need advanced but then you can buy the ccr licenses separate.
6.0 needs the advanced like Westi says.

For ACD you do not need CCR, the reporting does.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Hello, I am looking for clarification about Customer Service Agents in Advanced Edition.

As CRIMoble asked "you at minimum have to purchase the Advanced Edition and then purchase the amount of keycodes for additional agents and supervisors as needed to increase from the default of 1 Supervisor and zero agents."

Is this correct? Basically I am asking if I have to purchase "Customer Service Agent Licenses" with Advanced Edition, or if it comes with a few bundled in?

You need to start with the preferred edition license.
Then you need the advanced edition license (it does not run without the preferred edition license)
Then you need to buy Agent licenses separately.
There are no agent licenses in the advanced edition license.

Is the "Customer Call Reporter" application only needed if you want to run reports or view real time displays of the agents?

Yes. Adding CCR doesn't effect the feature of call routing in the IPO. You will still get all the hunting, Q'ing etc features of the system. CCR is only really about Real Time and historic reports.

If you need real time agent info, then get CCR. if you don't need that info displayed anywhere, thenyou don't need it.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

tlpeter,
Excellent Thank you! That certainly set my mind straight and answers many questions I had.

This now brings up another question.....

My client does not need all the functionality of Advanced Edition. They only need CCR for a handful of agents. The other functions of Advanced Edition will go to waste.

I saw in another post where you spoke of a way to Activate and use CCR without needing the Advanced Edition.

Was that for R5 only?
Are you stuck with needing Advancedfor CCR when on R6+ ?

I just wanted to get confirmation from an expert. I'm still wrapping my brain around the licensing.

Thanks Again!

R5 does not need the advanced edition license but can have a separate CCR license.
Although this is about the same cost as the advanced edition license so i would not take that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back