Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom shape tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkio

Technical User
Jun 6, 2004
CA
Hey guys i need some help. i know how to get into the custom shape tool menu but i cant get it on to the canvas. how do i? i cant drag it on so.....

Thank

-ian

left click on required shape,then left click and drag on canvas till you get the size you want(unless I have not understood your question LOL)

I dont think I worded my answer very well-----to put it another way-----left click on the shape required in the custom shape pallette to select it.then go to your canvas and click and drag untill the shape is the correct size

arg.. it doesn't want to work:(

ok i got to EDIT>PRESET MANAGER then i get a list. i go to custom shapes then i click the oh lets say bone shape i then drag it to canvas it doesn't work. i click the bone hit done and go to canvas dont work. im going mad. ehe not really. do i need to use a specific tool?

you are in the wrong place!! that is for editing shapes and brushes etc.
go to the tool box--CUSTOM SHAPE TOOL--(probably hidden under the rectangle tool)it is just to the right of the pen tool--click on this---then go to the tool bar at the very top of the screen---click on the shape showing---this will open the shape box---then follow my previous instructions.you can select if you want fill or path in the tool bar--as well as opacity and mode.get back to us if you have problems.good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back