Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom security extentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodspeed7

Programmer
Sep 1, 2005
US
I am making a custom interface to do authentication and authorization for the different client we have. I am creating some SQL tables linked to an ASP.NET page. The problem is when they click on the hyperlink to get to the allowed report they can see the full address of the report, and revisit it or anything at a later date without any security.

Is there a way to hide this url, or establish security that only lets you access pages in the report server through the ASP.NET page? RS currently doesn’t let you use both custom security and windows security.

I think this needs to be set in your IIS server properties, not reporting services. Check your default web site permissions, etc.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back???

I ended up creating an internal DNS that would only allow access to the report server within the internal dns and then just made an ASP page as the only portal in. Thanks for the idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back