Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Ring Tones for Secondary DN's

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptnjim

MIS
Mar 31, 2008
US
On my ip phones I can set whatever custom ringtones I have setup under the default ring, however for any of the DN's on the phones if I go to select a ringtone I just have Ring 1 through ring 7 listed and none of the ring names or custom ringtones. What can I do to use my custom ring tones for secondary extensions on my IP Phones? This is callmanager 7.1

Jim

Hello... If it's anything like CM 4.2, there will be 2 xml files in the TFTPPath folder. One is called Ringlist.xml, the other is called DistinctiveRingList.xml.

The RingList file will contain all the choices that you see when changing your default ring tone. The DistinctiveRingList will contain Ring 1-7 - these are the choices you see when changing the secondary extensions' ring tones.

To have the long list available everywhere, simply copy the contents of ringlist.xml to DistinctiveRingList.xml.

After this, you may have to restart the TFTP service.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back