Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Office 2007 Installation Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

dachaney

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2001
NL
Hi

I need to provide an installation DVD to some employees to upgrade their version of Office from 2003 to 2007. (they work remotely with laptops).

Is there any utility which will only allow the installation on named computers only.

What I want to do is to prevent these DVD's from being used on other computers which do not belong to the company.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Why not put the setup files on the network instead of a disk?
We set up a drive just for software and give access to those files only when needed.
Do all your employees have Admin rights to install software?
For remote users I would have them bring their laptops in, 1 trip to the office is not unreasonable.

Richard S. Anderson, RCDD

For office based users - yes the software is on the network and is installed via gpo.

The end users do not have admin rights to install software - but there is an admin account which can be used via runas (using an encoded script) to install the software.

It is not possible for the end users to bring in their laptops and I want to save having to travel to all remote end users to install manually myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back