Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom list form problem with Sharepoint Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceriano

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2007
SE
Hi,

I have a custom NewItem.aspx form for a custom list I created a while ago.

I just added two more columns to the list and now Im having problems to add the dropdown boxes for them in my NewItems.aspx form.

How do I go about adding these to the NewItmes form?

I tried adding a Dataview Dropdown component but its asking me for a datasource.

I also tried creating a new NweItem form from the default one but it does not display my new columns...

Any ideas?

To create a new form > File New >page tab click General > select aspx
- Open data source library task pane to select the list your working in and display data - then using ctrl key select the fields you want on the new form.

This is a quick answer but also use HELP in SPD and search Insert a Data View as a form - follow this its very helpful...

Thanks for your reply.

I solved this on my own. Had some problems with our bandwidh... It took a really long time for SP to load the default form. Once it finally did I just copied the code for the new columns and put it into my custom newform.aspx

Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back