Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Legato Unix Directives

Status
Not open for further replies.

coachcoty

Technical User
Apr 1, 2003
US
I need to create some custom Legato Unix Directives. I am looking to get creative here. Skipping certain, file systems, files. Anyone have any thoughts on this.

Thanks Ed Coty

<<&quot;C:\&quot;>>
skip:pagefile.sys
+skip:*.avi
+skip:*.mp3
<<&quot;C:\WINNT\Temp\&quot;>>
+skip:*.*
<<&quot;C:\RECYCLER\&quot;>>
+skip:*.*
<<&quot;C:\WINNT\&quot;>>
skip:memory.dmp

Hi,

You can also create a file called nsr.dir (for NT and w2k) with the appropriate directives, and place it in the directory you want to skip. For example:

<<”c:\”>>
+skip: Temp

would skip the temp directory (under C:\) and everything under it.

The &quot;+&quot; makes the command recursive (apply to all subdirectories from the point that it's executed from).

Hope this helps!
-ag100

Hi thanks for responding. I am looking for Unix Directives. I have created one and ran a preview on the group and it still looks like it will backup the file system. The directive looks like this:

<< / >>
+ skip: /fs/fs01
+ skip: /fs/fs02

Since the file systems is /fs/fs01 should the directive be more like this:

<< /fs/fs01 >>
+ skip: *.*

On unix, you can do what ag100 suggested except the file name is &quot;.nsr&quot; (remove the quotes).

You can put the .nsr file down in a specific subdirectory if you wish and the directive will then apply to that subdirectory and below.

I prefer having these in a file on the client rather than a special directive on the server, but you may feel differently.

put .nsr in the root directory of the client with entry like

<< /tmp >>
+skip: .?* *
<< /fs/fs01 >>
+skip: .?* *

This skips everything on the filesystems mounted at /tmp and /fs/fs01 but saves the mount point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back