Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Labels in Word 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArnieNZ

Instructor
Jun 26, 2002
NZ
I have just found your site and I am so thrilled. I have checked previous threads but have not found any other questions about this. I have a label mail merge that uses a custom format that works perfectly on one PC but totally rearranges on another PC in the same office, using the same document , same merge file, same printer. I have checked "normal template" settings and margins and font sizes are the same, on both PC's. Could this be a service release problem perhaps?

I am sorry to do this to you, but will you please define what "totally rearranges on another PC" is. Is the text together, off the label, too far apart, Greek etc?

Thanks.

Indu

Thanks Indu - it appears that the distance of 17mm between last line of previous label and first line of next label on the correctly printed labels has become has become 15mm when transfered to the other PC, causing the whole sheet of labels to gradually creep up. I guess I could manually adjust this for the "other" pc, but I am concerned that I should have to do this when I have set my custom label up with the correct measurements originally.

Arnie,

This is what I guess.

2 mm translated to font size 6 pts.

So, the one PC has, under Format Paragraphs, Indents and Spacing tab, a spacing of 6 pts before or after the paragraph and the other PC doesn't. In this case the first one doesn't, but the second doesn't.

If there is a particualr Style applied to the labels, it could also be under Format, Style, Modify, Format, Paragraph, Indents and Sapcing tab.

Please post what you find.

Thanks.

Indu

I should really learn to type:

Arnie,

This is what I guess.

2 mm translated to font size of 6 pts.

So, the one PC has, under Format Paragraphs, Indents and Spacing tab, a spacing of 6 pts before or after the paragraph and the other PC doesn't. In this case the first one doesn't, but the second does.

If there is a particualr Style applied to the labels, it could also be under Format, Style, Modify, Format, Paragraph, Indents and Spacing tab.

Please post what you find.

Thanks.

Indu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back