Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Help in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

boardgamer

Programmer
Feb 14, 2009
US
I am having problems getting my custom help to work. My html is good. My chm file compiled OK. But when I try to reference it Access I get "Navigation to the webpage was canceled"
I tried to reference the help file by name (Its in the same directory), and by full path, both with same results. %-)

The article you sited relates to versions after XP and 2007 Access. Thank you for the effort.

The article you sited relates to versions after XP and 2007 Access.
Umm, no it applies to WINDOWS 7 and CHM files!!!!! It matters not which Access version you are using.

Bob Larson
FORMER Microsoft Access MVP (2008-2009, 2009-2010)
Free Tutorials/Samples/Tools:

In fact, that article doesn't even MENTION Access. It is the CHM file that is the problem on windows 7. I don't know where you got the idea that it was related to versions after XP and 2007 Access?

Bob Larson
FORMER Microsoft Access MVP (2008-2009, 2009-2010)
Free Tutorials/Samples/Tools:

Maybe I got confused as to the order of the operating systems, but there is not download for Winhlp32.exe for XP, just Vista, 7, Server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back