Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom greeting not playing in VMail Pro (Distributed) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexdykes

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2009
US
We are running Voicemail Pro 9.0.1000.3 in a distributed configuration. When we create a new extension at a distributed location and set up the voicemail box, the default system greeting with recorded name works, but setting a custom greeting does not. We have deleted and re-created the user, restarted VMPro, changed the greeting number, etc. The actual greeting file replicates from the distributed system to the central server, but oddly it doesn't play no matter where you call in from. Is there a setting I'm missing? A known bug?

sounds like a bug to me.
We have no distributed setup so I couldn't even test it if a different release behaves the same way but it should not as far as I remember.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Press submit when you record the greeting. Happens all the time.

'I want my hair back.' Says son at hairdresser.

I ran into a similar issue. Users could not create new greetings when on distributed. Had to put the system as centralized, then let them create the greeting and when I saw the greeting appear, I'd put it back to distributed and let it sync. They didn't even *have* the option to create a greeting in distributed. This was on the earlier releases of R9 if I remember correctly. Ended up going to 9.1 to fix it.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Just my luck, I find all the fun bugs. We have some other VMPro issues that Avaya is working on a custom pacth for at the moment. Joy. I'll try the centralised option, I hadn't thought of that.

I guess that makes it a great post then.
Reaches for star button.

'I want my hair back.' Says son at hairdresser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back