Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom DNS records

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatzEye1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2004
GB
hi folks i'm not too experienced in custom dns records, i wonder if you can help me

i want to add a record lets call it sub.domain.com to point internally to one of our ips. however i want the rest of the domain.com lookups to be sent over the internet to the default forwarder address.

i've tried it by adding a new domain in the forward lookup zone and then adding a new A record for the subdomain, but that forces any domain.com lookups into that zone and of course anything other than sub.domain.com bounces back as "not found" :)

any ideas?
many thx!

So are you saying that you are trying to capture a subdomain of an existing internet domain so it points to a local server?

Do you control the parent domain? If you do is the web server internal to your location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back