Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom datasheet layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

dweis

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2001
US
Is it possible, using a front end/back end setup, to allow users to customize a form with a subform that's in datasheet format? Let's say a user opens the form the first time and takes the time to arrange all the columns in the subform the way they like it, which is not quite the way I like it, and then close the form - is there a way to save that layout for that user so when they reopen the form they don't have to rearrange everything?

Also, I use fe_updater as the shortcut to run the front end, it will automatically download the most recent front end to the user's computer & overwrite the existing front end, so this probably has to be stored in the back end in a custom setup table.

I guess one option would be making some controls visible and others not visible based on user login to simulate a custom layout, but the layout would have to be determined up front. Any other suggestions for flexible formatting/layouts? Thanks!

You will probably need to use a grid, rather than a datasheet. This will require having a copy of VB6 or VB.Net and creating a custom control.

Beyond that, I'm not able to be much help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back