Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Control (Soccer League Table) From Ground-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

forlorn

Programmer
Dec 12, 2001
TR
Hi,

I want to build a soccer league table. But i need a starting point so i need your advices. Where should i start? I'm thinking to derive my main class from CWnd. Can you recommend me a good tutorial for this purpose? Or a general tutorial for GUI development? Or should i use ActiveX?

I'm a newbie and any info/tip is welcomed.

Thanks for your interest.

Cool! I am a HUGE soccer fan myself (and I referee youth soccer games.) If you could explain more exactly what you are trying to achieve, I will try to help.

Happy coding! :)
*~-> EOR Candy <-~*

Hi EORCandy,

I'm glad you liked the idea. Actually it's a bit hard to picture it with words but there's a website called and i want to create a table that looks like the tables on that site.

I'm thinking to use edit controls as cells to hold the values. But in order this to look like a table, the edit controls i will use should be customizable (for example the cells' background that hold the names of the teams that are candidates of relegation should be red). When user clicks
on an edit control, for example Won box, a pop-up window should appear with the games that team won. And also database support is necessary to keep the records. To use it for different leagues, user should input the team names.

I hope this makes it clearer.

Would it make it easier to re-use if i create it as a DLL? Anyway, as i said in the first message, any hint, info, idea is welcomed.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back