Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Computer, problem with High Speed Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

customcompmaker

Technical User
Oct 14, 2003
US
I built a custom computer and have recently got high speed cable internet for it. There is a problem that At times it will connect and times it will not, and when it does, the connection speed will last for about 10 mins, after that the connection slows down and will halt until everything looses connection. I have 2 ethernet cards, one PCI and one built on to the mobo.I have called the cable company and they say that it must be a software/hardware problem or perhaps just a bad setting. Anyone have any clue of what the cure can be.

Hi, Check and make sure that your card is enabled and in full duplex. Its in the propertis somewhere.
If in doubt you can unintstall the card and drivers and reinstall it. This will put everything back in its default settings.

If this helps or you already found the problem, let us know we are all curious.

thx

Your comments are always appreciated

I learn, therefore I can
---------------------
Steve F
MCSE/CCNA HSE Tech

Have you checked Computer management/ services/ alerts-list. Maybe there is a reason why your computer losts the connection.

I have taken it to a shop to be looked at, i will reply the results.

I have returned! They said at first they couldnt figure it out, but it ends up they said all that was needed was an update on the driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back