Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

custom announcement used in wait-time step

Status
Not open for further replies.

kxpatte

Technical User
Mar 24, 2005
US
I have a request from a user that would like to have the callers be able to listen to a custom announcement instead of MOH while in queue. How do I set this up and what kind of equipment would I use? I dont want to effect the current MOH for the other users.

Vector Step:
wait-time 30 secs hearing (audio source exten) ????

If your switch has Tenant Partitioning enabled it's not to bad. Check 'display system customer-options'. Assuming it is enabled you would need to add a new music/announcement source to the switch and assign it to Tenant Partition 2. Change the VDN or Trunk Group to TP 2. We use marketing messages as a vendor to do this in many of our switches. They have a new digital playback unit for $400. For the music file there is a $100 charge. They can also provide customized announcements, professionally recorded, at additional cost.

Kevin

I now know I didnt make myself very clear with my question. I would like to have different custom announcements depending on what vector the caller will arrive at. I cant use a Val announcement since caller would have to wait for the announcement to complete before being answered by a rep.The only option I see would be something in the wait music step.. Am I on the right track..

You can have up to 100 tenants. But you would need 100 different music sources.

Kevin

As 4merAvaya said, difficult to implement using tennancy partitioniing if you want different announcements per vector, what is also true is that the announcements are likely to be truncated anyway if used as in queue announcements, as if an agent becomes available the announcement, whether in the guise of MOH or a programmed announcement file, would be truncated as the call was delivered to the agent.

The only way I know for an announcement to be played to completion is to play it prior to the queue to step in the vector

WE use custome announcements in some of our ectors...
on Cm 3.1.2

display vector 25 Page 1 of 3
CALL VECTOR

Number: 25 Name: Media Ads
Multimedia? n Attendant Vectoring? n Meet-me Conf? n Lock? n
Basic? y EAS? y G3V4 Enhanced? y ANI/II-Digits? y ASAI Routing? n
Prompting? y LAI? y G3V4 Adv Route? y CINFO? y BSR? y Holidays? y
Variables? y 3.0 Enhanced? y
01 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
02 goto step 12 if staffed-agents in skill 5 > 0
03 goto vector 2 @step 24 if unconditionally
04 goto step 12 if G = 2
05 queue-to skill 2nd pri m
06 queue-to skill 1st pri m
07 queue-to skill 3rd pri m
08 wait-time 30 secs hearing 6024 then music
09 route-to number V3 with cov n if unconditionally
10 route-to number 6577 with cov n if unconditionally
11 stop

so it queues to the skills defined in the vdn that the call arrives on,,

then waits 30 seconds in queue hearing the special announcement 6024, then music...
wors perfectly,, and calls get answered before the end of the announcement,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back