Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cursor not responding in projector file

Status
Not open for further replies.

craighooper

Technical User
Jan 19, 2001
CA
I can't get my mouse cursor to respond (change to standard pointer finger) to buttons in a Flash movie I have embedded in a Director projector. I have dumped an SWF into a Director file, created a projector, and when I run my mouse over the Flash buttons, the cursor does not change to "the finger", telling users that there is a button to push. Is this standard? Is there anyway around this?

I think its standard, to get it to work you will need to have scripts in the flash buttons that send a message to director when the mouse enteres and leaves the button telling it what cursor to use.

ive tried the suggested aproach, telling flash to output curs =1 on rollover and curs = 0 on rolloff.

in diretor i used
if ((getVariable(sprite 1, "curs")) = 1) then
cursor(280)
end if
if ((getVariable(sprite 1, "curs")) = 0) then
cursor(-1)
end if

BUT!!!! it works in the director part of the projector, but when u are in the flash area the cursor is reverted back to the arrow, even if u get curs to equal 1 still????? it seems that flash overrides director in the projector when it comes to cursors, but disables the ability to change, lots of confusion here, any ideas??

fixed it, it seemed it was only playing up when u ran it in director, once it was in a projector it ran fine :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back