Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cursor changed to num 3 in a box 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGarsdale

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2004
GB
After using CS2 with a NEF (Nikon raw file ), I clicked on the save as button. It appears to have saved the file but now my cursor has changed from its normal arrow to a number 3 in a box.
Rebooting hasn't cured it and neither has going back to the last good set-up.

Have I caught 2 keys accidentally and I am responsible ?

Hope someone can help, it still works like the 'old' cursor but is not very pretty

John

Have you tried changing the pointer back to windows default in control panel > mouse > pointers tab. Select windows default scheme.

If that doesn't work post back.

The Mouse Pointers in the Mouse Properties should point you in the right direction. If they don't did you mean to say you tried System Restore (more likely to succeed) rather than "Last Known Good Configuration"?

Sorry to take so long in replying but the control panel/ mouse worked. I have since tried to make it happen again using variations on two keys down the right side of the keyboard, got some interesting and surprising results but not the boxed 3.

Thank you both for your very prompt replies, I only hope I can assist someone in a similar manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back