Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Curreny Rate use in Invoicing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewForrest

Programmer
Jan 27, 2004
AU
Macola Version 7.6.400A

We have found a problem in Invoicing that has been running over various versions for years (back to at least 2004) whereby if you invoice multiple time from an order over a period of time all the invoices have the currency rate of the first invoice not the rate relevant to the date invoiced. Has anyone noticed this or has there been a fix we don’t know about.??
Ord No Inv No Date Orig Rt Inv Rt Ex Rate
322983 61289 09/25/2008 0.846 0.8433 0.8433
322983 61322 10/02/2008 0.846 0.8433 0.7992
322983 61333 10/08/2008 0.846 0.8433 0.717

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It’s already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

I suspect this is not a bug but as Exact may say "by design."

From a programmers point of view I suspect that someone had to define the rules for how reports are calculated, how data is being captured and what data is important. (ie by design)

I think differnt companies may want to calculate differently than others, but who's to say the currency rate should ALWAYS be adjusted if partial payment is made? or who's to say that we want the currency rate to be captured at the time of the initial payment?

I try to apply this type of logic to any questions I may have when I encounter something that doesn't work as "I" would expect it.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is.. This may in fact be preceived as a bug to you, but to others, it may seem normal.

Sorry this doesn't really solve your problem, just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

Is there a setting in OE Setup or AR Setup that allows you to choose what exchange rate to apply?

Kevin Scheeler

I believe it's a bug that has been fixed in Progression 7.7

Bug Report - 22.375.095

With Currency Manager Setup set to Determine OE Rates by Invoice Date, the curr_trx_rt is updated when the invoice is posted unless the invoice is for a backorder. With the backorder, it is not updating the curr_trx_rt in all situations based on the inv_dt as it should.
Order Entry (OE)OE03P3.DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back