Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Current Row 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuppett

Programmer
Jan 25, 2003
US
How does one get the current row of the screen. For instance, I've just printed a bunch of line on the scree. In my code, I would like to say
Code:
@(some row, 5 up from current row, some col) SAY "Something Happened"

Any thoughts?

I am not sure if there is a direct way to grab information from the screen output. However, I would use SET ALTERNATE command to output to a file besides screen and then check the file for anything I want.

I agree DS, it is a sloppy way of doing things. What I have written is more of a script, re-arraging dbfs and re sorting, then a full fledged app. I output occasionally where I change between tables. I would like someway of showing what record I am on, without outputting to a new line everytime I change records.

Spuppet,

I would like someway of showing what record I am on, without outputting to a new line everytime I change records.

Given that it's working, I hesitate to suggest that you change it, but a somewhat more Windowsy way of doing it would be with a Wait window:

WAIT WINDOW "Something happened" NOWAIT

Mike

My sites:
Visual FoxPro (www.ml-consult.demon.co.uk)
Crystal Reports (www.ml-crystal.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back