Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Current Month/ Next Month select on multi sub rpts

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendanj68

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2003
GB
Hi,

Using CR9/ SQL2K. This report requirement should look straight forward but I can not get my head around it. I have four sub rpts grouped on GH3 that all use a datetime field. The user needs to select the current month (param to be defined) which retrieves data for sub 1,2 & 3 but sub 4 needs to retrieve data for the next month only.

To complicate matters sub 1,2,3 use project.start-date while sub 4 uses opportunity.rn_create_date. My current selection formula is as follows:

{Company.Type} = "LA" and
{Company.LA_Region} = {?Prompt_Region.rpt}

What would be the best approach to complete this action. Thanks in advance (as always)

These aren't the record selections for the subreports.

Create formulas for use as the link to the subreports, which date is used, or which month is trivial. Why would a user select the current month, the report can figure that out.

You don't need to provide a link for the subreports in terms of the months, just add to their respective record selection formulas to use either:

For the current month report, use:
{table.date} in monthtodate

For last months report, use:
{table.date} in lastfullmonth

If your post is incorrect and you need the user to select a month (not the current one), then please let us know.

Hope this helps.

-k

Synapsevampire, thanks for the feedback - changed the structure/ nature of the report to be based on current month only - no user selection.

B

Hi

I have a report with a lot of info. One of the fields displayed is called "device". In the report I just display some summary info for these devices. What I would like to do is when I click on "device" to get another info (more detailed) for it. It is something like assigning another report as a link to this field, showing specific data for that device.
Is this possible?

Thanks

Hi mikiap,

There are two ways to do this. But firstly it always helps if you state which version of CR and the datasource involved - but that's another issue. If you are using CR 8 or 9 (the version I use) then you can create a sub report (an embedded *.rpt) within your 'main' report. To do this go to the Toolbar/ Insert/ Subreport and at the bottom of the dialog box check On-demand subreport. What this means is that when your user is viewing/ using this report by clicking on the underlined name of the subreport (which appears as a sort of hyperlink) then the user can drill down and see the more detailed info.

Let me know if this helps.

B

Hi. It helps and not quite.
The subreport is supposed to show the details for a specific device (which is showed in a list by the main report). Ideally would be to be able to click on the device field from the main report and a subreport to show the details. I understand this is not possible!!
If I insert the subreport in the main one as an on-demand report then I would have to input the device as a parameter (from a list which would be ok). The bad point is that when the main report is viewed then the user is asked as well to input the device for the subreport at the same time. Which is not what I am looking for, but to view first the list of the devices and eventually afterwards to pick up one from a list (or from the main report) and show the details.
I am using Crystal Reports 9.

Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back