Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

current event

Status
Not open for further replies.

djam

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
CA
how would i find out which event is currently being executed? Especially the event concerning first,next,previous,last record "so many events, so little time"

Put a messagebox in each event.

for example:

Private Sub cmdNext_Click()

Msgbox "commandbutton next on click"

End Sub

that is not what I needed to know,

here is what I want to do:

using MS Access navigation buttons, the user selects to enter a new record, after the user enters the data into the form they can click on one of the navigation buttons to put the data into the database. I'm cancelling MS Access insertion routine and writing my own.

*** But I need to know which navigation button (first, previous, last) was pressed so that, after my insertion routine, I can take the user to where they wanted to go****

thanks "so many events, so little time"

why not create your own navigationbuttons and have total control.
Because with those navigationbuttons you will never have control because a user can also enter a recordnumber. and then what?
If you want a professional application forget about the navigationbuttons "What a wonderfull world" - Louis armstrong

I did try to create my own navigation buttons but it is rather difficult to develop something identical to MS Access navigation buttons. The users needs it to be identical. I ran into some problems when developing the navigation buttons and realized it is easier for me just to use what MS Access has.

If anyone has developed the navigation buttons similar to MS Access, can you send it to me?? on_fire1111@yahoo.com

thanks "so many events, so little time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back