Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Current Date appearing on Report for recurring reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdidomenico

Programmer
Sep 26, 2003
US
Hello,

Report problem in Crystal Enterprise 8.0 Standard Edition viewed via ePortfolio with the User signed on as a Guest.

We have some reports that we run nightly for reporting
archive in a paper-less system.

We implemented the system on 1-2-2004. One thing we noticed is that the "Instance (data as of this date)"
is correct in ePortfolio, example: "Daily Potential Duplicates Different Address 1 - 2/24/2004 7:00:13 PM." Yet when this instance is opened, the Current Date appears in the heading as - Friday March 12, 2004.

Is the problem in the Crystal Report, which was created using CR 8.5 or a Setting in CE 8.0?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Steve DiDomenico
Nashua, NH

Sounds like the report is not viewing History Instance, but is re-running the report and showing you the current data and results.

What date are you using in your formula? I think you should be using data date (field explorer->special field->data date), not print date.

-LB

Hi Wallie12 and lbass,

The data being displayed in the instance is the correct data and it has been verified as so. Only the date is incorrect.

I'll check and see what date we are using.

Thanks for the input,

Steve DiDomenico
Nashua, NH

Use DataDate instead of PrintDate (or CurrentDate).
HTH

Bob Suruncle

Thanks BobSuruncle,

That is the same suggestion that lbass submitted.

Today I tested "data time" and the time is correct for the instance.

Tomorrow I will check out my test report and see if it has the correct date for the instance.

I think lbass and BobSuruncle are correct.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back