Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Currency or number format

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdctsg

MIS
May 26, 2002
US
Hello

My company uses an access 2000 database which I am unable to alter. I instead copy out the tables I need. In the company DB the Cost field is formated as a number and shows up as 775 meaning 7.75. Of course when I copy the table I get the same results. 775 instead of 7.75 and 1125 instead of 11.25 Is there a formula I can use to conver this to the correct format I desire

Thanks
Bob

An amateur here but my first thought would be to divide the cost field by 100 as you copy it.

Can you link to the database?

When you copy the table are you able to go into design view?

can you create a query, report or form?

The answers to these questions would make it easier to help you

Yes after I copy it I can do anything I want. I have tried to format it different ways but the best so far has been 775.00

In the Design view of the table, did you set the format to "currency"?

You can also set the format of the field in a query.
just go to the query design view and bring up the Properties of the field. (right click on the field)

When I change it to currency it goes from 775 to 775.00 instead of 7.75 or $775 if I use no decimal

Bob

a legacy of poor table design.....

but you can do this:

[newfield]=[cost]/100

(format [newfield] as currency) and use in place of cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back