Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Currency Conversion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

genoah

Programmer
Nov 1, 2001
US
I need to change a currency value ($325,000.00) to the actual words (three hundred and twenty five thousand). I have searched and I have not been able to find anything. Any help will be appreciated.

Dave

You're not going to find a quickie widget out there to do something like this for several reasons - main of which is the language differences and phrasing variants.

You will have to code this yourself. Hint: set up several constant tables with the words you will use, pick off the numbers of your input, and string together the appropriate words out of the tables.

If you need more help, I know I did this once in COBOL and posted it online. If you look about, you might be able to find it.

and I think one of the Access forums has a VBA routine that does it as well. If I remember correctly, it's a really cool recursive function.

Leslie

Anything worth doing is a lot more difficult than it's worth - Unknown Induhvidual

Essential reading for anyone working with databases: The Fundamentals of Relational Database Design

I couldn't find the recursive function, but here's an example, FAQ181-76

Thanks to everyone for hthe help.

Dave

Leslie

You described some code that I wrote to solve this problem as a "cool recursive function".

It can be found at thread102-536284

Andrew
Hampshire, UK

I knew I had seen it somewhere, but couldn't find it searching! For some reason though I thought it was a VBA routine, even cooler that it's already in Delphi!!

Have a star!

les

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back