Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwitchWitch

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2001
US
Hello All,
This is my first thread in the Cisco Forum (I've been an active user/contributor) to the Nortel CS1K for years. I recently inhereted a site that has A Cisco Call Manager Express (CME) and Cisco Unity Express (CUE). Unfortunately, "remote" access was never setup prior to my company taking over and it has taken weeks to get to a VPN setup.

I can log into CME and the the Switch however, I'm having trouble accessing CUE (this is the voicemail portion right?)... in any case, I need to reset the mailbox password for DN 45690.

Question.. Is there a way you can log into CME and they jump over to CUE or do you have to log into CUE directly?

Also, does any know of some basic tuturial/commands that I can use? Once I get into CUE, I need to locate the problematic mailbox and reset the name & passcode. In Nortel Call Pilot language, simple so I figure I can figure out how to do this on the CUE.

Any help appreciated!

A Tek-Tip Lover

Two options.

First, easiest, is use the GUI (web browser, point it at the IP address of the CUE). From there you can do most of your move/add/change/PW reset stuff.

Second option -- assuming the CUE is running in a Network Module (NM-CUE or a subsequent variant):

do a "sh run" and scroll down til you see the interfaces:

interface Service-Engine1/0
ip unnumbered GigabitEthernet0/0
service-module ip address 172.16.60.2 255.255.255.0
service-module ip default-gateway 172.16.60.1

On mine, 172.16.60.1 is the IP address of the CME router, and 172.16.60.2 is the IP address of CUE. To use the GUI in step 1, I'd point my browser to 172.16.60.2

To connect to the CUE, type in

service-module service-Engine 1/0 session

(or a variation depending on how your config looks) You'll see a login prompt, guess at the user and password, it's probably same as what you used for the telnet/ssh, and hit enter a couple times to get it to log in (this is a frequent mistake, it will look like it's just hanging there).

From there your commands are real simple, just hit ? any time for a list of commands you can use. To reset a voicemail password, it is

username jsmith pin 12345

Good luck.

EXCELLENT!THANK YOU SO MUCH, FOLLOWED YOUR STEPS AND I'M!

A Tek-Tip Lover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back