Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUCM v6.1.3.1000-16 Music On Hold uploads but no audio is heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvperry

Technical User
Dec 13, 2011
US
I am able to upload a .wav file on PUB, it converts and I get a "Translation Complete" but after I assign it there is no audio. We have 2 greetings that currently work, one is the sample. I am able to change to either one and they work so I am assuming it possibly has to be the file format. I also rebooted the server just check.

I'd appreciate any help! Mark

Here is what it shows for the file uploaded"
MOH Audio Source File Status
InputFileName: LVSCC_ONHOLD_EDIT
Error Code: 0
ErrorText: Translation Complete
DurationSeconds: 287
DiskSpaceKB: 13740
LowDateTime: 1433825488
HighDateTime: 0
OutputFileList:
LVSCC_ONHOLD_EDIT.ulaw.wav
LVSCC_ONHOLD_EDIT.alaw.wav
LVSCC_ONHOLD_EDIT.g729.wav
LVSCC_ONHOLD_EDIT.wb.wav
Jun 8, 2015

Which server is your MOH server? If its not the PUB then you need it uploaded on that.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

It is uploaded on PUB...It seems such a simple procedure. Admittedly I am not extremely proficient so I was hoping someone who has experience (especialy with this older version) could verify the steps. Maybe the system has issues. We have no support at this time.
Thanks!
Mark

Is your subscriber an Moh server as well? If so you will need to upload it on e sub as well. Check your configuration to verify Moh server service.

Thanks for that bit of info. The subscriber is a Moh server and I did just upload the file but it is still not audible. Does the sub need to be rebooted?

It shouldn't. Try resetting the moh server itself first.

I'll do it tonight but I had done so last night. The only thing I didn't do was upload it to Sub........
I appreciate the input!

Did you reset the sub MOH afterwards? you shouldn't need to reboot it

and make sure your format is correct:
8khz 8-bit mono u-Law audio in WAV or AU format

So, I rebooted Pub and no change. I rebooted Sub and the music came on for a brief second. I called back and it was working. So, I create a test file (8khz 8-bit mono u-Law audio in WAV)and switched to it and it too was working. The interesting part was that I uploaded it to Pub first and then Sub and then on Sub I created the MOH Audio Stream Number and when I switched back to Pub it had synced and the new stream number was in place. I didn't realize it would replicate like that.
But it's working. Thanks for the suggestions, all good stuff!

For those who will view this at some time I am fairly confident that the answer to my issue lies in the advice from whykap. 1 - Upload it to SUB. 2 - Use the 8khz 8-bit mono when uploading. I've tested a few others and it is working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back