Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUCM Configuring for Multiple Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaeP2R

Technical User
Feb 2, 2016
US
Greetings All,

I have a question regarding the configuration of the Cisco CM
We are moving from Avaya to Cisco

Currently the phones have three line appearances [same etxn] configured so that while one line is active and another call comes in .. the choice to put on hold on active call is available .. and if those two lines are busy the 3rd line can send to voicemail ...

In a previous question - someone was very nice and provided me a link to the configuration for Cisco CM .. but I can't seem to find that info [maybe the terminology is different?]
-
Thanks for any support/suggestions
-----
Jae

You dont need multiple line appearances in cucm to receive multiple calls. You can program a single line appearance to receive up to 200 calls. They all come in on the same appearance and they simply stack up and are visible on the display. Audible as well of course.
That way you dont need multi button phones to achieve what you need. Its programmable per line so you can have a line receive 10 simultanueous calls for example before they go to voice mail. In your example, you would set it to receive 2 calls with the third going to vm.
Heres the guide that explains step by step:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back