Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUCM 8.6 to PBX for simplex paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjackson621

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2016
US
I am trying to get this working at a site, I can connect a phone to the cable that it plugging into my PBX port dial the code and get to the speakers. however, when I connect it to the PBX and dial the extension it does not work.

I have the route pattern with the extension 3333 set up in my CUCM and I have the PBX configured as so..

Code:
voice-port 0/2/0
 auto-cut-through
 type 5
 signal immediate
 description pager interface
!

dial-peer voice 3333 pots
 destination-pattern 3333
 port 0/2/0
!

Am I missing something, shouldn't it just put the call through to port 0/2/0 which then sets me on the line for our simplex paging then i would dial the all call code and broadcast?

Nevermind, after some testing, it is working however it is quieter than going through just the line, if anyone has any ideas why that would be appreciated.

It may be that the voltage is low from the port, Cisco IP systems typically give less power than a standard PBX so have these kinds of issues. You can get units that boost ringing voltage etc that just sit in line between the port and the paging system.
Also, make sure all your individual speakers are turned up more to see if that helps.

ok so you have the port configured as an E&M port on the cisco side. What kind of output are you looking from the port? 600ohm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back