Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUCM 8.0-call rec'd; I say hello but caller doesn't hear me

Status
Not open for further replies.

slp123

Technical User
Oct 25, 2005
CA
We have had a couple of reports of the following:
Call rings; party on this ends says hello however party that called doesn't hear us but we hear 1/2 of a conversation they are having with someone else.

so you are having cross talk issues?
What type of trunks?

We installed last year Cisco VOIP 8.0; SCCP trunks.

Just a note that I believe both calls were intended to reach this person in our office as it was a yearly alumni request.

is it one instance you are talking about or can you reproduce it?

Call to our managers DID on Sunday went unanswered and ended up in our users voicemail; the callers brief 1/2 of a conversation with someone recorded.
A few days later the same alumni call to the same number was answered; caller could not hear our user say hello but again our user heard callers 1/2 of a conversation with someone else.

The calling party is looking at how the calls go out; I will ask them to try to replicate the call as soon as they investigate their side.

We did have this about a year ago, and it was only reported by one user. When we started looking deeper, we found that the publisher and subscriber databases were out of sync for some reason. I can't explain to you why only one user was experiencing the issue (out of 2,500 total phones), but when we resolved the synchronization issue the problem ceased.

May not be what is causing your issue, but it is something to double check.

Resolved:I spoke with the calling centre supervisor and it seems that new university student volunteers man the once a year alumni call out for donations. Both calls were tracked as calling our user so it wasn't a cross connect problem as original thought. She reports it due to inexperienced volunteers not using their equipment correctly - she said that the caller was speaking to the person next to him and didn't have his headset on. Thanks for all of your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back