Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CUCM 6 - HP DL380 G4 - Unsupported hardware 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB206

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2008
AU
Hi Guys,

Trying to install call manager 6 on an hp dl380 machine and it is giving an error of unsupported hardware, but no further details.

This machine should be capable & is supported by Cisco. It has 4x512mb ram, two 72gig 10K HDD, dual 3.6G CPUs etc.

Cisco states it should be 3.4Ghz CPU, the faster processors shouldnt make a difference right?

Is there anything else i can check? BIOS settings, raid settings???

Thanks
James

I would probably download the latest Firmware Maintenance CD from HP's website and see if any firmware updates are needed. I have a DL320 G2 with slightly different hardware from the listed spec on CCO and CUCM 6.0 installed fine. I know someone who recently got a DL380 G4 and CUCM 6.0 wouldn't install until he had upgraded the firmware on the server.

HTH

Andy

Since you mention a dual CPU system, it could be (partly) recognized as a Cisco MCS-7845 alike system, with an incorrect number of HD's available. Such a system requires 4 HD's of 72GB (which will be 2 RAID 0-1 arrays).

And maybe the firmware could be a reason too (no specific details on that).

Please try again with 4 HD's (or remove 1 CPU ;-) ).

Regards,

Eric

right you were, after removing one CPU it installed fine! (didnt add two more HDD as would also need 4gig of ram and am out of slots)

just for reference, the install cdrom automatically flashed the BIOS, without prompting, little scary, but worked.

THANKS!

ADB100...you mentioned you installed CM6 on a DL320 G2. What size hard drives did you install in the server? The default 32G drives aren't large enough.

Also, were you able to install it putting the two drives in Raid 1?

As far as I know, an HP Proliant DL320G2 needs (at least) 72GB drive(s) with CUCM 6, with 2GB of RAM. I can't tell you if RAID 1 is supported.

Regrads,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back