Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cube data in Crystal Rpt - Prob with Date parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidagnew37

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
GB
I am having a lot of problems with selecting date ranges (or event just two dates) for my cube in Crystal reports (v.9) using date parameters.

I have a Date column (data type as datetime) in my orginal database table. When this data is drawn into the cube - the data type of the Date column/dimension is converted into a string. (which may contribute to the problem?)

The OLAP Crystal reports wizard allows me to create the parameters I want for the cube in Crystal. These parameters which I have set up in the Wizard work fine BUT do not allow me to select/allow "Multiple Values" ....i.e.more than one date - whether that be a specific Day, Month, Quarter or Year. (as in the Cube the Date is split into a hierarchy:
- ALL
- Year
- Quarter
- Month
- Day)

Ideally I would like to select a range of dates from two parameters, but to get multple dates would be just a as good for the time being - which I still cant get to work.

If I create a parameter with Month (not "long" type) it specifies the Year|Qtr|Month. and when I select this from the parameters it brings the correct data into the cube. BUT cant select two months for example.

I know after you have exited the wizard you can go into the "select expert" or "select formulas" and then edit the formulas to select multiple values .......BUT even after selecting multiple months for example - the cube only returns the figures for one of the months I selected.

any ideas would be most welcome.

Can you edit the cube, and make sure that when you selected the date, that you set it as time ,and then categorized the time? I think I have done something like that in tutorial. You set the time to be year, quarter, month or year, quarter, month, day, or one of many other choices. If you chose standard instead of time, then that dimension of the cube would probably convert to string. I hope that I am saying this right. Good luck

misscrf

Management is doing things right, leadership is doing the right things

Thanks misscrf. that is how i set up the cube and still have still have the sae problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back