Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cube content access - User Based

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicysudhi

Programmer
Nov 10, 2003
FR
hi

i have a requirement on a sales cube. The sales person should be able to see only the customers he deals with. The realtion between the salesman and customer accounts is defined in the database level.

i would request someone to provide me the steps to give access to the content based on the loged in user,.
thanks in advance.
regards,
sudhi

hi

can someone throw some light on this please....
regards,
sudhi

We use something like that, but not on a user level but on user class level!

With the user classes you can make custom views in transformer...

thanks.

the requirement I got is something like this.

A sales person is assigned to some customers.

When a sales person logs in he should be able to see only his customers.

admin can see all. The user classes definition in the view,,, will that afffect on the same cube to present different content based on loged in user's user class?

I would imagin it is not dynamic, I mean if tomorrow we add one more user class (in my case a sales person), I have to make settings again in the model... am i right?

regards,
sudhi

Yes exactly, the custom view you create in transformer based on the user class is basically an automatic filter on Sales persons Id. So sales person 1 logs on, upfront takes the userclass of that person and based on that decides what the person can see in the cube. Sales person 2 with a different userclass sees his own data, and so on...

But you're right: a new sales person means a new custom view in the cube model! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back