Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cube build .bat file gets TR3108 error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomadams

Programmer
Jun 26, 2001
US
I have built .bat files to auto build several cubes. the cubes can be built with a manual start. but the .bat file gets the 'TR3108 transformer could not load User class Information' error I know that this may be because of invalid access time settings for the user class in Access Manager. the times can to go past midnignt (8am to 2am). The Administrator Access Times are set for 12:00am to 12:00am. I am thinking I need to change those to 12:00am to 11:59pm. but the Access times are greyed out and I can not change them!!! Any thoughts as to why those times are greyed out and how to fix this problem are welcomed. As usual, I may be barking up the sorng tree and my problem is something else

I had understood that the access times are grayed out when no restrictions are in effect. Your problem may be in the failure of the transformer job to authenticate itself against the namespace. Can you post your .bat file?

soi la, soi carré

Here it is:
REM build cube
for /f "tokens=2-4 delims=/ " %%a in ('DATE /T') do set Date=%%c-%%a-%%b

@ECHO Updating Cube...

REM Disable the cube in PPES
"E:\program files\cognos\cer5\bin\ppadmtool.exe" < "stop_cubeTomTest.txt"

REM Cube Refresh without saving model
REM START "Cube Refreshing" /wait "E:\program files\cognos\cer5\bin\trnsfrmr.exe" -n -i -nologo -r4 -dLogFileName=Master_%DATE%TomTest.log "F:\Program Files\Cognos\Models\TomTest.pyi"
REM Cube Refresh with saving model
START "Cube Refreshing" /wait "E:\program files\cognos\cer5\bin\trnsfrmr.exe" -n -i -s -nologo -r4 -dLogFileName=Master_%DATE%TomTest.log "F:\Program Files\Cognos\Models\TomTest.pyi"

REM Copy New Cube to Production

Copy "D:\Cognos\Published Cubes\TomTest.mdc" "F:\Backup\TomTest_%DATE%.mdc"

REM Enable copied cube in PPES
"E:\program files\cognos\cer5\bin\ppadmtool.exe" < "start_cubeTomTest.txt"

Thanks for looking

Here are the two txt files referenced. the stop file is first and then the start

connect cor-ts-com-03 user administrator password password
CD "Published Cubes"
disable "DellMaster"

connect cor-ts-com-03 user administrator password password
CD "Published Cubes"
enable "TomTest"

Tom,
Did the batch file ever work?
I assume that the .pyi file has User Class authentication on it, so that I would expect the problem to be that the batch file does not provide the required authentication to open. Have you tried putting the user and password in the build batch file?
(I can't provide a personal example, as I use macros to build cubes).

soi la, soi carré

If I delte the user class from the pyi file, the bat file works. Could you provide a copy of placing the userid and password in the bat file? that would be great.

Tom,
As mentioned, I use macros to build the cubes rather than batch files, so it's more VBA than DOS.
However, having said that, I think that in addition to your existing options (-n, -i, -nologo, -r) on the call to transformer, the -k one is what you need.

See Appendix C "Command Line Options" in the PDF "Step by Step Transformer" (pp_sbs_trns.pdf) - it should be in the documentation folder of your install.

-k<signon>=<userid>/<password>.py?_file |.mdl_file

No space between the option and its argument; depending on your edition of Transformer, may not apply. For more information, see the Features and Editions topic.

soi la, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back