Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CTX Panaview Display Mode??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeyncube

Technical User
May 29, 2003
GB
I have a CTX Panaview 540 monitor. Unfortunately it works in Safe Mode & VGA mode. when I connect it to my XP box it cant display the entire screen. it only works on 800X600 resolution. Can you please advise.

Thanks

You're right when I set it to 800*600 it's a bit blurry

I cant set it to 640X 480. How can I do it. My VGA adapter goes as far as 800*600.
I wanted to use this as a dual screen setup. How do I also do that?

Using different drivers for the current video adapter may enable it to display at 640 x 480.
If that does not work, then installing a video card that offers 640 x 480 will solve the problem.

Chack if your current video adapter supports dual monitors.
If not, then you need to install a video card that does.
But running one monitor at 640 x 480 and the other at a higher resolution(or both at 640 x 480) is not the way to go.
Suggest that you replace the Panaview 540 with a newer monitor that can display 800 x 600 or higher. 17" crt units are inexpensive, and 15' crt's are even less.

I've decided to use this on a Mandrake Linux box, are there any drivers out there I could use for this monitor. and can I have the step by step instructions on installing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back