Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ctrl+V Paste not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

st3ady

Programmer
Nov 29, 2006
AN
Hey there,

I had an associate who had a session in the past that could use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy and paste stuff on the screen with ease. I had to update his macros and schemes folder and it somehow disabled the Ctrl+V pasting, but it still works with Mouse right clicking. Any idea on how to recover this ability? He says he used to copy and paste a ton of stuff and go "BAM! BAM! BAM!" and be able to paste quickly but the right clicking is too much for him. :p We are using Extra! 6.5 on Win NT4.

Any help would be great, thanks.

It sounds to me like his keyboard map has been erased or overwritten with a blank default. We've had this happen to a number of people in my office. You can view the keyboard setup by opening the Keyboard Map Editor (either an icon or by selecting Options>Settings>Keyboard Maps and select the keyboard map that is checked and then click Edit.).

Hold Ctrl and look and see if there are actions tied to those keystrokes. If not, you will need to use another keyboard map, or recreate your own.

What if the keyboard map editor does not appear in Settings? Some computers have it while others don't :S thanks for your help by the way :)

That generally has to do with the security settings assigned for that user/computer. You can either update the security file to allow users to edit keyboard maps (if you have permission to do so). Or, you could always fix the keyboard map on a computer with edit abilities then drop the map on the computer with the problem.

I thought so, I will try both methods. It is frustrating because even with the Administrator account, it does not show up.

where can i find the Options>Settings>Keyboard Maps as mentioned above? is this part of the control panel or part of an actual program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back