Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ctrl+Enter does not work in IE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

denbigh97

Programmer
Dec 26, 2002
US
Hi, I have always used Ctrl+Enter to complete the URL that I type into the address bar of Internet Explorer 6. All of a sudden, it's not working anymore. I've recently upgraded to Windows Media player 10 and installed Tracks Eraser Pro 5.1. I'm not sure if those 2 had anything to do with Ctrl+Enter not working. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance!

Hi, for sure, track eraser will delete your previously typed URL and maybe disable the option to remember those URLs.

Verify that autocomplete is enable for web addresses (in IE, tools, options, content, autocomplete). If it is enable, try to disable it, close your browser then re-enable it.

I saw some problems with this but it was in a "strict system policies" environment. Anyway, it couldn't hurt.

Hope this helps. Please let know if this resolve your issue

Jeff

thread608-303764 Re-enabling keyboard shortcut for [ignore][/ignore]
thread608-643907 ctrl +enter shortcut quit working

Turns out that it was Tracks Eraser Pro that turn off my autocomplete. Thanks for the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back