Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CTRL + / CTRL +V A2K4

Status
Not open for further replies.

cparnell

Technical User
Jun 19, 2003
US
I just loaded A2K4 today. I needed to open a drawing and CTRL+C objects and borders from one drawing to another. I opened a new drawing from a template, and have been unable to paste all of the objects to the new drawing. I opened the Clip Board (Windows ClipBook Viewer) and all of the object were shown, but I am unable to paste all of the objects to the new drawing.
For instance, I just tried to CTRL + C 6 borders with objects included (Total 596 objects), all I was able to paste in the same drawing was 1 border with its own objects. (Total of 123 objects).
I can go to A2K and copy from the same drawing, (Total 596 objects), and then CTRL+V to A2K4 all of the 596 objects.

I have looked through A2K4 system variables, Help file, and can not find any thing to help.

Does any one have an answer???????

I know that I can do a save as, but thats not the point. I could do what I wanted to in A2K, but not in A2K4.

By the way all layers are active in every way.

Thanks again for any help.

Hi cparnell

Make sure that the drawing objects you are copying do not include XREF'd material as this will not copy !

Best bet is to wblock but this will lose the XREF link.

Hope this helps

All the best

FB.

When A2K4 was loaded, Express Tools were not. I did notice that blocks with attributes & RText, (borders), would not copy or paste. I loaded Express Tools and every thing will CTRL + C / CTRL + V now.
When using A2K, and Express Tools for what ever reason became unloaded, (my RText File Path would not show), I could still CTRL + C / CTRL + V.
I don't understand the reason behind this, but IT WORKS NOW!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to all for your efforts. I try to help others myself when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back