Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CtlSvr Service Will Not Start For Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewtoAloha

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2019
US
I hope you guys can help with this because I'm about to throw this file server out the window. We received a new file server from a third party with almost all of the software configured that needs to be finished for a new store. I found out the image on the file server is from another store that was already in use, which is where I think the issue lies. The register is not able to communicate with the file server, and I know it's because the CtlSvr service won't start. I've confirmed that the account it's using to logon with has the correct credentials, the security keys match what's in CFC in the Aloha.ini file in DATA and NEWDATA, I can browse to the file server from the terminal but cannot do the reverse (I think this is due to the alohatrm1 account password getting changed because we weren't provided those credentials), and the DEBOUT file still claims there's a key mismatch. Anyone have any tips on what to try next?

debout_ncfd2t.jpg

you're getting a wrong security key error. You'll need to get the sec keys from your key and place it in the aloha.ini so it matches up with your aloha key.

He posted to Reddit as well. Told them same thing. They got correct codes and all is well with Aloha once again

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back