Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CTIA module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stbernard

Technical User
Jul 10, 2003
CH
Do you know if there is a paper in Nortel documentation related to CTIA module (description, installation, administration operation) like there one (553-2731-109) dedicated to Meridian Communications Unit and Meridian Communications Adapter. Thank you.

i added some on our 3905's and they came with a one page instruction that tells how to plug them in.. nothing on the tech side.. i did google nortel+ctia and found a few sites.... what are you trying to do

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

in theory this module should replace on 3900 serie the mca, and i would like to use it for an internal access to the pabx, but my config seems to be wrong.

it sounds do-able, we used to do that on the old rolm switches.. it will work, that one would be fun to work on. how do you estblish a point to point data call? all we did was plug those in, connect to the serial of the pc and send 3905 display data to the screen.. secondary software package translated the data stream and gave the user a gui to arrange the display.. it also connected to a pc based name lookup and did the transfer/autodial.. (hospital)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

my actual config is an M3820 with an MCA module, which is accessing an DAC card (NT7D16), then I can access our PABX and our Voice mail for programming, I try to use same config on a M3904 with a CTIA module and the same DAC card.

the 3820 a euro set?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back