Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CTI/PBX HELP!!! Losing device monitors on only a few devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zowwie438

Programmer
Aug 27, 2004
US
All,

If you have hung out here awhile... You know by now that I have a good handle on the TSAPI API's into the Avaya PBX cm3.x.

We have a situation where we init our program to monitor X stations when our app starts. This is how we track telephone behaviors.

In this one case... I have a handful of users (about four) that are constantly losing their device monitors.

From what I have heard from other techs, these are problem users that will try to break stuff on purpose so they don't have to work... But for the life of me, I can't figure out how they are destroying and/or losing their device monitors on their phones.

I have tried placing a monitor on my deskphone and I have left it off hook for an hour, unplugged the whole tdm line from the wall... Everything. In my tests, the monitor is still there.

We have a total of 400+ monitors on various phones throughout the corporation and everyone else is fine. And this is a combination of monitors on TDM and VOIP phones... No issues.

So... My questions for the group are....

1) Once a monitor is placed on a device by calling API cstaMonitorDevice(). What can destroy that monitor besides a cstaMonitorStop() and/or a loss of that stream.

2) Why is this occuring to only the same users? Is there a way that a TDM phone can destroy their own monitor?

3) Is there a way to do anything with a device from CMS that could result in a monitor being destroyed on a phone?

4) Are there any hardware resets with the telephone device that could possibly trigger a monitor loss from the PBX?

In closing...
I hate to bug the group with something that sounds so trivial... But I have tried everything I know and I just can't duplicate this problem. :(

Any ideas or comments will help.

Thanks,

--Zowwie

Taking a phone out of service (including unplugging it at the WS) can do this, the next maint cycle on CM will clean up any monitors on oos stations.

TSAPI will send an abort message to the app. Just need the app to keep track of the handle ID for each monitor, then retry monitor until successful.

Zowwie438, are you sure your Monitor is being destroyed? I use to have situations happen were the phone got desynched from the application because of Call ID changing.
Some things that cause it were Group calling, bridge line appearances, conference calls, internal transfers.

OK all... I am still having the same issue. :( I have TWO users at one location using standard TDM phones.

Where both of these users just disappear from our monitoring! Out of 200 agents, these are the only two.

I have resorted to replacing hardware components such as their phones and it's still occuring.

Could this have anything to do with what card their copper is connected to??

Please help group... i am losing my mind on this one!

Thanks.

Zowwie438,

try pressing buttons excessively on your phone. afair 30 or 50 press/sec takes it out of service. you don't even have to unplug it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back