Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CTI Link Pro Licenses, should they expire? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

andynetcon

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2011
US
Have an R6 IPO 500 that is linked up remotely with an IPO 500 v2. Both report to a Call Sweet! server via SMDR. Reporting from the remote unit seems to have stopped phoning it in to Call Sweet! about a week and a half ago. This coincides with the time that a CTI Link Pro license expired. I was under the impression that these licenses should not expire. Any insights or suggestions as to alternative reporting methods?

Tried contacting Avaya and they won't help without a customer Sold To number. Only option they are pushing is purchase of a new license.

Thanks in advance.

I think it was a trial license.
Normal licenses do not expire.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

i didnt think the CTI link pro was needed for SMDR? maybe its a communication error instead of a licence error

a.aaa-Ghetto-Computer.jpg

Hahah, no worries about the big picture. My monitor can handle it. I'm sure it wasn't a trial license, this thing has been operating for over a year now. Datel's documentation/support guys confirm that the CTI Link Pro license is needed for operation. I guess I'll keep yelling at Avaya until someone buckles.

Then see if your SD card is still working.
Licenses will go invalid when the SD card is not there.
But expired is very strange.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

if their dev-connect they should have some application notes. when we do our testing it all gets logged for easy replication, the vendor will either have a copy, or they should be on
Might make fault finding easier!

Worst case if you need to test the licence, use the julmar tapi kit ( least then you can rule out licence problems.

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back